I hope that today finds you well. I am excited because here in the US we have a long weekend. Monday is a holiday and the office is closed - Yeah!!
This is a Quilled Bookmark that I made last year as a teacher's gift. I love the papers and the bright flowers!
I cut 2 pieces of cardstock 2.5 in (6.35 cm) x 5.5 in (14 cm) (patterned and black)
I also punched a circle of coordinating cardstock
I glued them together - placing the circle near the top for just a little more texture and, as luck would have it, a guide for placing my flowers
I then used a ribbon spool to trace a half circle at the top
Cut the top to make it round
I am going to skip the next part - As you can see, I attempted to cut a flap however, I don't think I needed to do that.
I also cut a strip of black cardstock and stamped Thank You in silver
I love angles, so I attached it at an angle across the front
Red and Yellow Quilled Flower:
- 4 in (10.2 cm) Yellow
- 6 in (15.2 cm) Red
- To make 2-colored petals you can either glue the red strip to the end of the yellow strip or roll first the yellow strip and then the red strip (gluing them is easier)
- Starting with the Yellow end, roll the Yellow and Red strips and shape them into a Teardrop shape (click here for instructions)
- Make 5 of these teardrops and glue them so that the point is in the center
- Add a red gem to the center (gotta have bling!)
- I took a strip of green and used a technique called alternate side looping.
- Basically, I created a loop, then came around and created a larger loop, and came around one more time to create a 3rd loop and glued it at the bottom and then pulled it thin so that you can barely see the loops.
- I did it for extra sturdiness because I am hoping this will get regular use :-)
- 2 shades of green, one 4 in (10.2 cm) and 6 in (15.2 cm)
- I rolled them the same as the petals, I started with the lighter green
These are a little smaller than the Red/Yellow flowers
- 2 shades of Yellow, both 4 in (10.2 cm)
- Roll the lighter then darker Yellow and shape into a Teardrop
- Make 5 for each flower
- Glue with the tips in the center
- Add a pretty gem in the center
- 3 shades of green this time, 3 in (7.6 cm), 3 in (7.6 cm) and 6 in (15.2 cm)
- I rolled lightest to darkest, shaped into teardrop and then glued between 2 of the petals
- You could add more petals to the Yellow flowers if you wanted, I would not have more than 2 per flower.
- I like rolling my coils with a lighter color in the center, but it looks pretty if you do the darker color in the center too - that is the fun part about quilling! The more you play, the more fun you will have!
I am Linking here:
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Bookworm - http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/
Have a great Friday and if you decide to create something, let me know!
Enjoy! Copyright for Personal Use Antonella DeFalco