Father's Day cards are always a challenge for me. I think this is because I struggle with those "male themes". A safe design is boats or sailboats, so this Father's Day card uses the sailboat theme.
My goal was to create a card that was easy to make. I started by doing a search for clipart, and looked for a sailboat. Once I picked the one I wanted, I printed it along with "Happy Father's Day" directly onto the card.
Now, the only thing left to do was add quilled embellishments.
For the Quilling I did the following
- 1 - 4 in (10.2 cm) S-Scroll cloud
- 2 - 3 in (7.6 cm) C-Scrolls to make a cloud.
- 3 - 2 in (5.1 cm) strips folded in half
- Use 1/16th in wide paper.
- 2 - 6 in (15.2 cm) Sculpted Loose Coils
- 1 - 3 in (7.6 cm) Sculpted Loose Coil
- 1 - 3 in (7.6 cm) S-Scroll
- Place these underneath the sailboat to add the look of water / waves.
- Take multiple colored strips and create Triangle Coil.
- Make one larger for the outer sail that is blowing in the wind.
- Create a 6 in (15.2 cm) Triangle for the flag at the top of the mast and there you have it.
A simple card, using few quilled embellishments that add to the overall look of your card.
I hope you enjoy making this card.
Have fun and Enjoy!
Copyright for Personal Use Antonella DeFalco
Technorati Tags: quilling, paper filigree, filigrana, free quilling pattern, fathers day, golf card, free pattern, tarjetas, card making, childrens crafts