banner

 

Friday, December 18, 2009

Free Quilled Wreath Pattern

free quilling quilled wreath pattern
I love putting up wreaths, don't you? This wreath serves double duty as an ornament too.


For this pattern, I used my quilling to embellish punched items.


I took my 2 and 1-1/2 inch circle punches to create the actual wreath.


Next I punched leaves from various green papers. I arranged the leaves so that the covered the entire wreath.


Punch a small hole in what will be the top of your wreath and put a jump ring through it. This will be where you will attach the ribbon for your ornament. I find it easier to put it in before I add the remaining embellishments.




Make approximately 20 - 3 inch (7.6 cm) Green Shaped Teardrops


This is the fun part, arrange them on the card. For this card I made the following arrangements:


Group 3 spiral roses at the top and place about 5 - 6 green teardrops between and around the spiral roses.


Group 3 spiral roses at the bottom and place approximately 3 green teardrops between the spiral roses.


Add 1 spiral rose with 2 green teardrops to the middle left of the wreath.


Add 2 spiral roses with 3 green teardrops to the middle right of the wreath.


I added a few green spirals for good measure and there you have a beautiful wreath. This wreath is perfect for Christmas in greens and reds. It is the perfect addition to a card with a bonus ornament gift for friends and family.
For some added interest, make your card look like a door so that it appears that the wreath is hanging outside on your door.


Why not give it a try?


2 comments:

CathQuillScrap said...

Very clever... thanks for sharing the instructions too.

Antonella said...

Cathy, Thanks for your note. I love sharing, I just wish I had more time (I think that is what I want for Christmas this year). I stopped by your blog and loved the nativity pictures - one day I'll quill one too. Hugs, antonella :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails