banner

 

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Shared Quilling

Quilled Butterfly magnet
Hello and Happy April!

I wanted to share a special quilled magnet that a friend of mine Lynn Smith made. She sent me a picture and has graciously allowed me to post it here.

Lynn took a piece of chipboard and covered it with paper that has the look of linen. Then she distressed it before adding the quilled pieces on top. You will see that she has created the most precious punched roses. No easy task to make them look like real roses, they provide me with lots of grief when I try to shape the paper. :-)

Lynn really did a great job on this, don't you think?

I was so excited because she used the Spreuer Butterfly pattern previously posted here to make her butterfly. I hope that everyone tries to use some of the patterns you find here and include them in a design of your choice. If you want to send them to me I will gladly share them here.

Remember, I am sharing these patterns and instructions with everyone so that you try them out and use them on your projects, all I ask is that you mention where you got the pattern and send people back here.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Antonella - I am so honored that you wanted to post my magnet on your blog, but I could not have done it without you first sending me one of your creations and then being so gracious to share the pattern. I appreciate all you do to keep quilling the beautiful craft that it can be.

Tranquilita said...

Beautiful job Lynn!!! So colorfoul!

Antonella, I was working on the Spreuer Butterfly pattern this weekend but I didn't like the result :P so I will try again and show you my work.

Greetings from Mexico.

Antonella said...

Lynn - You are so welcome. Thank you so much for your kind words - Here is to a quilling revival. :-)

Antonella said...

Tranquilita - I cannot wait to see your butterfly. I would love to share yours when you are finished. Hugs, antonella :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails