banner

 

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Free Quilling Pattern New Home

free quilling pattern birdhouse fringed flowers magnet
As you know, I love birdhouses. I try to come up with new ways to incorporate them into my crafts. This is a magnet that I attached to a card for my sister and her family when they moved into their new home. This is a bit of a change for me in that I haven't done too many magnets and I tried to select brighter colors.

If you would like to give this a try, here are the instructions:

I started with a 1-1/2 in (3.81 cm) square and added a triangle on top to complete the house

Regarding the quilling, I did the following:

Fringed flowers (all 3 were made the following way):

I used 1/8 in (.3cm) wide paper. For the fringing, I took small scissors and cut tiny cuts approximately 3/4 of the way through the width of the strip. It looks something like this ||||||||||||||||||||||||

  • 3 inch (7.62 cm) - center of flower
  • 4 inch (10.16 cm) - outside of flower
For each flower, I glued the 2 strips together and tightly rolled them. I glued the end. When the glue dried, I placed the fringed flower on the table and using my fingers gently spread the fringes to create the flowers shown.

For the large central flower, I did the following:
  • 8 - 4 inch (10.16 cm) marquise shapes
  • 3 inch (7.62 cm) plus 6 inch (15.24 cm) tight roll. Similar to the fringed flowers, I glued to two colored strips together before rolling them into a tight roll.
I then arranged them as shown.

I like small projects like this because it allows me to play a little with some of my smaller pieces that are left over from other projects. Experiment with your quilling because it is so much fun to do!

I hope you enjoy this little pattern and that I have inspired you to try something similar.

Love Unconditionally, Laugh Uncontrollably, and Live Unexpectedly Free!
Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

Copyright Antonella DeFalco

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails