banner

 

Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering 9/11

Today is a sad day, it is the 5th Anniversary of the bombing of the World Trade Center. I could not let the day pass without posting some of my remembrances of that day.

Like so many people, I was at work when I first found out. In this day of the cell phone, it was my husband who first called to let me know what had happened. He called me while I was in a meeting, and since he never calls my cell unless it is important, I took the call. I could not comprehend the fact that a plane had flown into one of the World Trade Center buildings. The initial reports speculated about what happened. Of course, at that time we did not know that so many more attrocities were to happen that day.

There are so many other stories like ours. Stories where people were late getting into work that day. Some act of providence that prevented this from claiming even more lives. My husband was supposed to be in the city that day, and had his meeting not been canceled he too would have been in one of the buildings that came down that day.

There were so many sad stories from that and so many families whose lives were changed forever. I was fortunate to have my family in tact, and for that I am grateful.

May God Bless all those families who lost loved ones that day. Those brave souls on the United flight who gave the ultimate sacrifice to save others. And to all those souls lost to terrorism around the world.

2 comments:

lavender said...

I remember that day clearly. I was on my way to fetch my passport, as we were in the process of emigrating. (Southern hemisphere to Northern). I switched on the news & heard president Bush's voice. Before I could piece together what happened, the tone in his voice was ominous & the blood in my veins turned to ice...

Antonella said...

I know, I still get chills and find that I am still emotional whenever I think about that day. It was a day that changed so many things...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails