banner

 

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Love, Live, Laugh Quilling Pattern

This is a multi-step project, as such I will present it over a period of a few days. On Saturday I will post the completed project.

Today we will start with the phrase:

Love Unconditionally, Laugh Uncontrollably, and Live Unexpectedly Free!

I want this pattern to use only the shapes that we have learned so far, and provide an example of using the Scroll shapes. Since I want this to be something to honor my mother, I want to use hearts. I have thought about a scrapbook page or a framed piece. After much thought and consideration, I have decided that I want this to be a card that I will send to my sister. That being said, let's organize our tools.

These are some of the things that we will need:
  • Computer and printer - My handwriting is really bad and since this is my phrase, I don't have a stamp with the phrase on it, so this is my best option! :-)
  • A card - I have selected a white 5x7" card
  • Paper - I know that this will sound a bit valentine-ish but I have selected pink and red. I will use the pink for my hearts and red for the background
  • Heart punch - Approximate size is 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)
  • Fancy scissors - I selected a scallop shape
  • I also cut out a circle - I traced a small round container, 3 inches (7.6cm) wide and cut it out using scalloped scissors
After collecting all of the tools, it is time to begin. The first thing that we need to do is print out the saying above and use the heart punch to cut out the parts of the saying.

At this point I have my card, 3 hearts, and a scalloped circle.

Here are pictures from later posts

quilling valentine
quilling valentine

Please click here for more details about this pattern.

Copyright Antonella DeFalco

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails